So you want to sell your car with a service that does junk car removal in Vancouver, WA but you’ve heard there are some disreputable companies out there. It is good to be weary. Yes, there are some companies who will not give you the right cash for your car or may not pay you at all. Here are some of the scams to look out for:
Junk Car Hauling Scams
- Unlicensed Haulers – Not all people who advertise as a junk car removal service are licensed and bonded. If the person or company you use is not referred to you by someone you know and trust, then do your homework. Check that the company has a registered business license and is bonded and insured. If not, you may be dealing with an individual who will write you a bad check and never be heard from again.
- No Registration Transfer – You also need to worry that a shady company may not transfer the car’s title and registration with the DMV. If they strip the car of the parts they want and then abandon it, it will be you who is still responsible. You could incur tickets and fees for the abandoned vehicle.
- Zero Value – You may be told that your vehicle has no value at all, but the company will still tow it for free. Worse, they may want to be paid for hauling the vehicle away. Any car, no matter what condition it is in, is worth something. If it is a whole car (not just the frame or a car parts) then it has some monetary value. Don’t let anyone take the car without paying you cash upfront, and certainly never pay them to take it .
- Lowering the Quote – Any reputable car hauling company will quote you a price on the phone and stick to it. Scam haulers will often give a good price on the phone and then lower it when they arrive. They may even try to pressure you into allowing them to take the car for the lesser price by threatening you with a fee for their time if you send them away without the car. You have a right to say no. You do not owe them anything, especially when they pulled the age old bait-and-switch!
- The Payment Is Coming – Do not sign the car over until you have been paid in cash. If you sign the vehicle over based on a promise that a check will be mailed to you, you may never see that check. Once you have signed the vehicle over, it belongs to them. If the check never arrives, you’re simply out the money and the car.
You will not have to worry about any of these unsavory scams when you come to Cash for Cars Northwest. Contact us and you will get a reliable, fair quote that we stick to. We pay you cash when we arrive. We are licensed, bonded, and insured and have a stellar reputation for junk car removal in Vancouver, WA. We take care of the registration transfer, and you are done. It is easy and it is worry-free when you call Cash for Cars Northwest!